Probably the oldest article I know that mentions Incels, at least in the context we normally use it.
“Number 6: The World Only Cares About What It Can Get from You” has always haunted me since I first read it back in 2012… and never once have I ever been able to argue against it.
It’s so true. The hippies were wrong.
- Meditation, yoga, healthy living, etc. is a pretentious circlejerk.
- Therapy and self-help is a pretentious circlejerk.
- “Be yourself” is a load of bollocks.
- “Do the things you love and success will follow” is a load of bollocks.
- “Stop caring about what people think” will screw you over.
- “Money doesn’t buy happiness” is a lie (spoilers: Only poor people say this).
- “Everyone is special” is a lie (spoilers: Some people are literally superior to others and therefore live a better quality of life.)
The only thing that matters in this world is money, success and how many people wanna have sex with you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is just trying to sell you sell you something, anyway.
Having said that…
Accepting these truths doesn’t mean that I want the world to be like this. Then again, I’m afraid the only workaround will be to wait until AI reaches human-level intelligence… so I can one day isolate myself from humanity completely and live among robots.
How ironic that only machines will ever be capable of truly loving you unconditionally, without demanding anything from you other than an energy source.